Tuesday 15 December 2009

Hazy Shade of Winter





Hello Blinky!









Fashion is like Physics: nothing is destroyed, nothing is created, only transformed. You think something is gone and Bang! it comes back in your face: 3 years ago, wouldn't have been caught dead in massive shouldered/ epaulette clothes and BAM Balmain arrives and you want them everywhere: blazer, tshirt, sequin dress, you name it! You think you look well cool with wedges, well, my mum was wearing them on her bike back in 1976!
In the same way, you think you create a new look and invent new clothes but the inspiration is always somewhere, you will find that someone in the 1840's was wearing the same type of shoes.
Still doesn't stop me pretending to be an inventor...


For instance, first time I wore this outfit, my colleague said "You look like a Mondrian painting". Thank you very much. Now I now why I liked those colours together. Monochromes; always a winner!
I was also scared that too many colours in the winter days would be sore for the eye, but I think they actually work really well!!


Got this lovely jumper last year in the sale, love it.


Outfit:
Jumper: Sonia by Sonia Rykiel
Dress: black bodycon, UO
Tights: purple, H&M
Shoes: butternut midnight http://www.etsy.com/


Be good, Santa is watching you. xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment