Thursday 26 November 2009

Gangster Nan

Been feeling homesick for Glasgow these last few days, especially now I see Mummy M dressed up to the nines and talking about celebrating Jamie's bizday with carrot cake. Makes me a little jelly louse. And on top of that my spiritual sisters, ahem, Peace, Harmony, Rosie & Claire all celebrated a joint bizday up in Scotland too.... Owww ouch my heart is aching for yous lot. So to console myself I've been spending the last few days wrapped up pure cosy and going for lengthly walks along the canal and across the meadow. But today I decided to shake of my soggy sneakers and get a bit glamour nana. Well that's the look I was going for but think I ended up a sexually confused gangster. Lost somewhere half way between Al Capone and his mole...







Also - straight after these fotaes I went and got my mop cut! Bye bye Ringo Starr - hello twelve yr old! Look a bit like this photo (click here!!) (Mummy M you'll like this!)
Back on track: In a perfect world I would wear high-waisted nana trousers with button down shirts everyday. Come to think of it, there's not much to stop me from doing that... Love a bit of high-waisted trouser pant - upside is your waist looks teeny, downside can make your thighs/bum all plums and pear shaped. Solution to that is stick a pair of heels on and your legs look like longer and stringier and like they almost reach your armpits. These lemon curd coloured pants only cost me 1 euro to boot! They were from Emmaus in France - a 2nd hand store where homeless people are given jobs. Great scheme & all their clothes are ONE EURO! Last time I was there I wanted some blue high-waisted leather pants but my real Mumski found them so disgusting she wouldn't let me buy them. Mammoth regret.
Also fully in to wearing tomboy chic. Love the way a man's shirt can look on - especially with the top button buttoned. Sometime keeping your boobs stashed away is just as good as getting them oot. Decided to put this all with my MAHOOSIVE grey Farah cardigan seeing as I haven't taken it off all week, Nagymama's (aka Granny Eva's) fur stool, trilby and brogues. Felt uber advanced style grandma chic and very happy in this outfit. Shame I was so busy counting down the seconds on the camera timer that I forgot to give out a grin. Grumpy Gramps.


Shirt: Blue checked mens, H&M
Cardigan: Grey chunky, Farah.
Trousers: Lemon yellow peg pants, thrifted (so stealing that Yank word).
Fur Stool: God knows what animal it is, Grandma Eva's.
Shoes: Brown tweed brogues, Office.
Hat: Grey customised trilby, UO.


IN OTHER NEWS AND INTRODUCING>>>>>
Also been spending a lot of time with my pal Mama Moomin Mary (only just recently realised all my pals have Mum-esque nicknames, probably very Freudien or sum sh*t). She has been the companion for the meadow walks. After one of these walks previously mentioned, I got her round my yard to have a dig through a box of old clothes I was going to drop off at a charity shop. Usually I am a total hoarder, I don't like parting with anything cos I know one day it'll be kool again. But this box was stuff I have not touched in years upon years upon years... and Mary comes along, just chucking a few things on to see if they fit and as I'm saying "I won't be offended if you don't want anything, it all went out of fashion when man first learnt to make fire", I turn around and BHAM! She's totally got this amazing look going on out of all the stuff I thought was rubbish. So I twisted her arm a bit and said purlease lemme take photos! Finally she said yesssss and let me play stylist by adding a few accessories. Seems to me she somewhat resembles an Irish Gypsy lady who would invite you into her barge, read your fortunes out of tea leaves and play you a ditty on her spoons. What d'y thunk? (excuse dark fotos = didnt have much light)

                
Trilby & Stool as above.
Skirt: Black full skirt, Warehouse
Shirt: Cream lace, thrifted.
Waistcoat: Grey, thrifted.
Belt: Green cotton, somewhere in Guatemala.
Shoes: Low ankle cowboy boots, etsy.
Brooch, necklace, earrings: thrifted.


Lovecatsxxx

1 comment:

  1. this is probably the best blog i have ever read. in fact, this is definitely the best blog i have ever read.

    well done.

    x

    ReplyDelete